Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Water, music and sky

So, as I have mentioned....I recently spent a day in a spa. As you have probably realized by now...it was incredible.

Okay....highlight of the day....I go into a giant room containing four pools. One is a relaxation pool, a giant pool of water....nothing really to look at. I am not really impressed...but I step down into the pool....the water is tepid. I lay back and begin to float....as my head goes back into the water I begin to hear music playing....spa music...relaxing string and flute music....it is crystal clear....but only audible when my ears are under the water. I relax my body and begin to float and look up....the ceiling is glass and the sky is a bright, spring-day blue....and there are giant white clouds floating quickly by. I am floating, with music playing and the only thing that I can see is the sky above me and the clouds. I literally loose myself in that moment and feel total weightlessness and truly feel that I am floating in the sky, among those clouds. It was incredible!

So, I am laying there hearing the music and floating and this is absolute perfection....no worries, no earth, nothing tethering me to this earth...just floating, free and careless.

When I first saw this pool, I would never have guessed that it would be the highlight of my day. To look at it, it was simply a pool. The secret unfolded when I laid back in the water and let myself go....the music that I couldn't hear when standing in the pool, became crystal clear when laying in it....the glass ceiling, with the sky and clouds floating by, were not visible until I laid back....the water just looked like plain pool water, chlorinated, until I got in and felt the relaxing mineral water on my body.

I wonder....do I not "see" the reality that is all around me. How many times do I think that a moment or a person are not much...because I am unwilling to let myself really see and hear and feel what is going on around me. I think the spiritual world is like this pool....we can overlook it easily....until we let ourselves go into it and be. I think God has so much more for me than I can see with my eyes or hear with my ears....

I think I need to lay back and relax in Him....and hear the beautiful music and feel the healing waters and float in His beautiful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment