Saturday, May 2, 2009

Boys love monster trucks

So, I am at a soccer tournament this weekend....for 12 year old boys....how fun can this weekend get I ask you?

My son has been on this traveling team for several years now. We usually do about three tournaments each season. My son loves these weekends. Me? Well, not so much.

So the first game was this morning. It's been raining all weekend long. The fields are a sloppy, muddy, wet mess. Our boys won. So, boys being boys, the whole team runs to the middle of the field and belly slides through the muddy mess.

Are you kidding me?

I'm looking at my son and thinking, "You are NOT getting into my new car like that." He looks back at me with total pride.

So, mom wins and David has to strip down to nothing and change clothes before he gets into the car.

We now have 6 hours to kill...boys running and playing and laughing and eating and stinking....how fun can this weekend get? Boys will be boys.

So, my son brings in 3 of his friends to our room to watch the Derby. They start showing the celebrities that are attending the Derby. One of my son's friends says, "Isn't that Dolly Parton?"

My son looks up and says, "That's not Dolly Parton. Dolly has monster trucks."

I look over at him and he says, "What? She does have 2 giant monster trucks." And he makes a hand motion of giant boobs.

Monster Trucks? He's 12. Boys will be boys. Oh, this is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment