Friday, May 1, 2009

The Other Sister


So this morning, I'm laying in bed, awake but not up yet. It's only 6 am and even though I can't sleep I am very tired. Suddenly my phone rings...now I'm scared. The only people who make calls at 6 am, are people that have bad news to tell you. I answer the phone with trepidation.

It's Darlene, the other sister or aunt nut-nut. Now there is nothing mentally wrong with Darlene, the other sister...she just sees life differently than my baby sister and I. So, we have lovingly named her "the other sister" as our term of endearment.

Darlene is notorious for late night "I looooooooove you!" phone calls. You know the kind....when you've had a little too much to drink and you feel like you need to call someone and tell them that you love them.

So, it's 6 am and it's the other sister on the phone....she's nocturnal, so this early morning call has me concerned....turns out this is just a REALLY LATE "I loooooooove you" call.

The first thing out of her mouth is this, "Do you know how lucky you are to not live in Warren?" Oh yes, I know.

Then she says this, "You are never going to believe what you mother called me and said last week."

She said, "Next week either Judy or I will swing by and pick you up. You are going to lunch with us, so be ready. We are going to go to church and watch some woman DO Ruth."

Well, I might not have been completely on my game at this time in the morning....but I'm on it enough to know that this is funny. So, I begin to laugh....

Darlene then goes on to say, "Isn't this strange? To go to church and watch a woman DO Ruth."

Now you see why she is The Other Sister....and boy do I loooooooooooooove her!

No comments:

Post a Comment