Friday, May 8, 2009

If a tree falls in the woods...

So, on February 19th I blogged about my electrical engineering professor and our time together as I revisited my alma mater...

Tonight I received sad news, beyond sad....he has passed away. He is gone.

He leaves behind two small granddaughters. His wife, their grandma, is gone. His daughter, their mom, is gone. Their dad is in jail. There was just the three of them. He was their grandfather and their caregiver. Now, he is gone.

What must they be feeling? All alone. No one. I can not imagine what those two little girls are feeling. I have always had a net of love to catch me when I fall. Who is their net of love?

Who will care for them? Who will brush their hair? Who will feed them? Who will kiss them goodnight? Who will catch them when they fall?

Tonight, I go to bed sad, sick...for two lonely girls about to face a life with no safety net.

So, if a child falls in the world and no one is there to hear them, do they make a sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment