Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Room with a View

So, I am a vivid dreamer...I always have been. I wake up and I am still in my dream for a moment...it takes me a minute to realize that it was only a dream and not reality...or are they my reality?

My dreams usually reflect my life...I believe that my Creator knows that I need a visual because He has created me to be a visual learner...I like to say, "Paint me a picture because I'm a little dense." So, He paints me pictures in my dreams.

Last night, He painted many pictures for me...

I dreamt that I was pregnant....yikes!.....very pregnant. I had a simple home that backed up to woods....but one day I walked out the back door and up to the line of trees....but behind that line of trees there was a vast drop off. My home sat on top of a mountain, similar in height to Pikes Peak. There was no gradual drop off, right past that line of trees, the mountain stopped and the cliff went straight down. I had never noticed the view before. I had lived there for years and thought that my view was just a bunch of trees. I had been content to live in modest home and think that was it....not realizing the view that I had.

At first I was excited....what a view I had....if I just cleared out a few of the trees, I could sit on my back porch (with a glass) and see forever.....but quickly that joy disappeared to paralyzing fear. ....here I was sitting on top of the world, with a spectacular view that I had never noticed before....but I was pregnant....due any day. How could I raise my child with this in backyard? How could I provide safety with this? Yes...it was beautiful....and yes....I could enjoy it if I were all alone...but I was about to have a baby and I could not keep this.

I am not a dream interpreter, but I think I see what God is showing me...

So, my oldest Katie is about to leave my home....my home of relative safety in Wimore....and she is about to go to college...a home that sits on top of the world and has quite a view....and I am afraid. I am paralyzed with fear....afraid for her....can I protect her there....how do I live here on top of the world and yet not live in paralyzing fear?

I remember that in my dream, if I sat on the porch and focused on the view, it was quite spectacular....but if I walked up to the ledge and looked straight down...then I found I couldn't move or breath.

See...God is working on me....and He always starts in my dreams. I need to focus on the view, not on the cliff.....Katie will have the world opened up to her....I just need to look at that....the wide open world....full of beauty!

1 comment: