Monday, February 2, 2009

The Joy of the Thaw

The sun came out on Saturday...I listened with great delight to hear loud chunks of ice falling from trees and from the house. I kept looking out my front window to see my tree. Would the thaw be gentle enough for the tree to survive? If the damage was not severe enough to break the tree, would it have been deep enough to cause the tree to be deformed? Would the tree be able to return to its old shape and splendor?

I waited and watched...as the day progressed the ice continued to melt and fall off. As the next two days unfolded, something amazing happened. The tree, which had been bent all the way to the ground, sprung back up to its old height and glory. It has always been a beautifully shaped tree and it returned to that same shape.

After the deep groanings of the soul, after there has been damage, is it possible to regain its shape? Can a soul return to the shape it was created to have?

No comments:

Post a Comment