Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Nuisance...er....Nuance of Valentine's Day


David has a girlfriend. How do I know this....because he is officially listed as in a 'relationship' on Facebook...too cute. He showed me her pictures last night....cute girl....really cute.

Yesterday, David was home sick. We spent the day together...I love and cherish those days...him laying around and very cuddly. I find that these days don't happen often for teenagers. Anyhow, my pastor comes by my house and delivers a valentines to me...he does it for single and divorced mom's and widows. When he leaves, David asks me this, "mom, is today valentines day?"

"No....it's Saturday," I say.

David says, "Good...whew, I thought I missed it."

I now clue into the fact that this comment has come from my son who is in a relationship and say, "So what are you going to get Jacelyn?"

He says, "Well, i guess nothing because i won't see her on Saturday."

I say, "Wrong answer. You'll see her Friday and she'll expect something."

He's worried now, "Mom, what should I get her?"

I tell him I have no idea..."Maybe something chocolate."

So, KT comes home from school and sits down. I say, "Hey KT, David and I are discussing what he should get Jacelyn for valentines day. Got any ideas what a young girl would want for valentines day?"

HERE COMES QUOTE OF THE WEEK - done as only KT can:

KT says, "How the heck (it was a little more colorful word that this) would i know? I've never had a boyfriend on valentines day....you're on your own David....12 years old and in a relationship my ars."

I nearly wet myself. She cracks me up.

Okay....Becky comes home a little later and I say, "Hey Beck, what should David get Jacelyn for valentines day?"

She says, "a rose."

I say, "Really?"

David says, "I want to get her something romantic..."

SECOND QUOTE OF THE WEEK - and I'm convince this is a direct result of us living in Wilmore, Kentucky:

David says, "...so, we need to go to Walmart."

Hilarious!

Becky looks up and says, "David, Walmart is not romantic."

So David sings, "Well then....Every kiss begins with KAY."

QUOTE THAT WAS GOING THROUGH MY MIND, but I didn't verbalize it:

Are you kidding me....you're 12 and you're getting action....I'm 45 and I get nothing!

My life.

No comments:

Post a Comment