Tuesday, February 3, 2009

12 Year Old Boy Joy

So, I'm sitting here in the living room with my 12 year old son and my 15 year old daughter. She is, of course, on Facebook....he is playing on his ITouch. I'm checking work email and playing solitaire...how sad is that. He has found that he can start ITunes on the computer that I'm working on from his ITouch....causing ITunes to pop up on my screen and interupt my work. This gives him great joy.

He grows tired of that game...Becky and I continue to work on our computers. Suddenly his ITouch lets out a loud and long farting sound....he follows it up with a wet-fart sound....both of these sounds causes Becky and I to peer up over our laptops at him. His face is beaming....totally delighted with the fact that he has gotten us both to look up at him. To boot, my daughter lets out a groan of disgust...exactly what he was hoping for. He gets his ITouch to make a one-cheek-sneak fart sound. She moans again......I BUST OUT LAUGHING. He thinks that I am laughing at the sounds that he has made...so he joins me.....laughing.......this cause me to laugh the deep laugh from the depths of my soul. This causes my daughter to moan, "Mom, you are crazy to think that's funny"...David takes great delight in the fact that I do and that it has disgusted his sister....so he laughs harder.....I am now crying and laughing! I love my children. I love the dynamics of my children. I love how they are created and who they are. I love how they interact with each other. I love the whole boy and girl dynamic. I love to see them process farting sounds differently. I love that David can get our attention - which is what he loves - anytime he wants....by a simple fart.

I love the joy they bring me!

No comments:

Post a Comment