Monday, February 9, 2009

Never Eat Yellow Snow...Never Be Dirty Snow


So...I'm driving along Jessamine Station. It's a beautiful spring feeling day...warm air, sunshine...beautiful. Something on the side of the road catches me eye. It is a small pile of snow that was plowed off to the side of a driveway during our last snowfall. Now as you may know, I LOVE snow...I do. I love it when it snows at night...blanketing the earth in white. It feels pure and clean and quiet. The blanket of white seems to be able to purify the earth...covering the dirt and mud with pure white. I love the quietness of a winter's night. I love to go for walks in the fresh snow of a winter's evening. The snow seems to be able to quiet the commotion of this crazy world. It is during those snowy evening walks that I feel that I can hear God...really hear Him. I love those times...

Now I see this pile of snow...it's dirty, grey and black...not white at all. I don't feel clean and pure when I see it...I am disgusted by it....wishing that it would just melt away already.

It suddenly hits me...is this possibly what my "righteousness" looks like to the world? I am supposed to wear the righteousness of Christ - removing my filthy rags and putting on His righteousness. His righteousness is that pure blanket of fresh snow....whiter than white...able to quiet the craziness of my world...it's perfect and beautiful. But then I put it on....and somehow, if I don't spend time with Him, letting Him refresh that pure layer of snow (righteousness) then it turns into this...an ugly pile of grey and dirty snow (righteousness).

Lord, please cover me with a fresh layer of your righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment