Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Monday, Monday....Oh Wait, It's Tuesday

This morning I do my morning routine...I'll spare you the boring details of that. Instead I'll pick up at the point of walking down the steps...dog, Graham, on my tail....trying to trip me as I walk down the stairs. It's a game we play...well, he plays...I fuss at him the whole way down.

I have survived another morning of this game and I get to the bottom of the steps and open the door. I hook him on his chain. Close the door and go put wheat bread in the toaster. It pops up and I make my breakfast of toast and tomato with some garlic powder and salt. I hear David coming down the steps...I'm walking around eating and putting up dishes from the dishwasher. David comes into the kitchen to get his breakfast, a bowl of applesauce, and takes it into the living room to eat.

Normally, I would have heard a "ruff" at the front door by now....which means Graham is done outside and wants to come in and get his morning snicky-snack. But I haven't and I'm wondering why. I open the front door and there is Graham standing in the yard with a visitor...a little black and white dog. Graham has his back leg lifted up in the air and is letting this little visitor lick his weiner. I yell out the door.."Graham. Get in here. What are you thinking, fornicating in my front yard first thing."

Graham comes running...his mistress takes off running. David hollers out to me, "What was going on?" I say, "Graham was standing outside with his leg up in the air letting some dog lick his weiner. Like I want to see that in the morning."

Graham runs into the foyer, gets to my feet and vomits. I say, "Graham, what the heck? Are you sick or something? Vomiting at my feet."

David then says this....

"I'd vomit too if someone licked my weiner!"

Oh....I'm saving this one for his wedding rehearsal dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment