Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The sound of majesty


So, today I am at work and my kids are home. Suddenly a storm rolls in....I mean a storm; powerful and mysterious......fast and furious......majestic and grand.

I love a good storm....I love to watch a good storm roll in...I love to stop and listen to the crashing thunder. In those moments I find that the noise of our crazy world cease, seeming silent....muted by the sound of majesty. I love those moments.

In those moments, like today, I am amazed at the grandeur of God.

I join the Psalmist in thought, "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visited him?"

I have passed along my love of storms to my children, and even my dog.

So, today, this powerful storm rolls in....I am excited. I am watching it unfold out the window and suddenly the power of the storm and the fact that my children are home alone hits me...and I begin to worry. I am not there to 'protect' them.

BOOM, RUMBLE.....I realize that this powerful storm shows the strength of my God....the strength of my God to create this storm and protect my children.

The crazy thoughts of my small mind, muted by the majesty of God!

1 comment:

  1. I like that - the power of God to create the storm and to care for your kids. I hope they know how much you love them.

    ReplyDelete