Monday, August 10, 2009

40 miles from Place to Pointe

So, last week my son's soccer team manager sent me 3 emails concerning their first game, which was to be held this past Sunday. I don't know why he sent me THREE. The subject line said, "Directions to Bell P..." Okay, so I read the subject line up to "Bell P...." and my mind reads "Bell Place" which is my son's home field.

I found it strange that they would send out directions to his home field...but justified it because we have some new team members that might not know how to find our field. Since I know how to get to Bell Place, our home field, I didn't read the directions. I did read that we were to be at the field at 1:45pm.

It's Sunday, I go to church and then kill time grocery shopping at Kroger before going to pick up David from an overnighter at a friends house. We are on our way home (it's 1:15pm) and David asks me if we are going to make it to his game by 1:45pm. I tell him that we will be a little early, as Bell Place is only 10 minutes from our house. David then says, "I think our game is in Frankfort." I tell him he is wrong....he asks me how I know this and I tell him because I got 3 emails from Rod giving me directions to Bell Place. David insists that the game is in Frankfort. So he calls Rod to make sure.....it's now 1:25pm.

Rod confirms what David has said.....the game is in Frankfort.....at Bell Pointe....40 miles from home....it's 1:30pm. We throw the groceries into the house and start our flight to Frankfort. I arrive 5 minutes before the game.

Just enough time for David to change into his new uniform on the sidelines.....stripping down to his boxers to change.....his coach says, "Nice undies." David replies, "My mom says they are not undies, they are boxer SHORTS."

So my life....a comedy of errors!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes...the first of MANY games to come this season! The comedy has only begun!

    ReplyDelete