Thursday, August 6, 2009

They're coming to take me away



So this morning I have to take my daughter to high school at 8:00 am for band practice. It is FOGGY....I mean cut-it-with-a-knife fog! So I am driving slowly. I drop her off and head back Jessamine Station Road.....going to work. I am driving slowly down the road when suddenly I see some things running right down the road toward me.

In this fog, I can't make out what I am seeing so I begin to slow down. I see several tall things lumbering at me. In the mist, it looks like several 6 ft. tall men in white suites running toward me.

A song begins to run through my mind....

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa
To the funny farm.
Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be
happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!

Okay...so now these tall, lumbering men in white coats are getting closer (coming to take me away)....so I come to a stop, in the middle of the road.

At this moment, the tall lumbering men in white coats turns out to be a pack of llamas. They run past my car.....YES.....that was a pack of llamas.

I sat there...in this surreal fog.....with a pack of llamas running past me....wondering, "Maybe those men in white coats do need to take me away." I wonder if this funny farm has llamas.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me think of the "Pink Elephants on Parade" song from Dumbo for some reason...Are you should you weren't forsaking the Asbury ethos for a while???!!!

    ReplyDelete