Friday, August 21, 2009

Emergency


So, last night I had to go to a dinner at work with some dignitaries. As I was leaving home, I tell Becky and David, "I am going to be at a dinner. Don't call me. TEXT if you need me."

Okay, so sitting at dinner talking with people and discussing church issues. Buzzzzz.......buzzzzzz, I look and see this message from David, "There is a big bug in our house and its on the really high up window. How do I kill it."

"Don't worry about it," I text back.

Buzz......buzz

"What if it lays eggs," David asks.

I respond, "Don't worry."

Buzz.....buzz

"Will you kill it?" David texts.

This continues until I finally text...."Stop texting me. I am in a meeting......only text if it is an emergency."

A little later I get this text from David, "Its an emergency."

My heart stops and I text, "What?"

David responds, "When are we gonna bomb the house because idk where its at and it moved."

Emergency.....there was almost an emergency when I got home from my dinner......and it had nothing to do with the whereabouts of the big bug!

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing OUT LOUD. Only you and your crazy kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete