Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What size?

So, I blogged about my bra blowout last week.....well there is more to the story.

Good news, Victoria has stood behind her product. They mailed me a new bra and asked me to mail my blown-out bra back to them.

I did not have an envelope to put the bra in, so today I tucked the used, blown-out bra under my armpit and headed to the little post office here in town. A friend, Tammy, was riding to work with me, so when I stopped to go into the post office, she decided to go in for stamps. Fine.....I told her that I was hoping for the following: no men in the post office and a woman behind the counter.

We walk in....I say, "Whew, good, no men and a woman behind the counter." Tammy, my friend, steps in front of me and goes to the counter and orders stamps.......IS SHE KIDDING ME?????? So, I'm standing there waiting in line and sure enough, "bing-bong," the door opens and in walks a man.....a student from where I work.

Well, now I am totally flustered and walk up to the counter and I stammer out, "Ummmm....I have something that I need to return and I need an envelope."

The woman behind the counters says, "What size?"

I am dumbfounded....is she asking me the size of my bra? How does she know....I have it safely tucked up under my arm?"

I am stammering and I realize that she is asking me what size envelope....well, I can't think so I say, "Just give me 100 stamps."

I pay and take my stamps out into the lobby and begin to give Tammy, my friend, a piece of my mind.

I wait for the gentleman to leave and I walk back in and up to the counter. The woman behind the counter looks at me like I have completely lost my mind and says, "Can I help you again?"

I say, "Okay." and I pull out the double D and say, "I have to mail this. My beep-beep friend jumped in front of me and then that man came in and I didn't want to pull this out in front of him. But now, I need an envelope to stuff this in and I need to mail it back to the company."

She laughs. I say, "So what size do you think I need?" She looks at my bra laying there on the counter and say, "I'd make it a BIG one."

Thanks friend!

2 comments:

  1. No problem! We all know how proud you are of the SIZE so I gave you a few more minutes to flaunt it at the Post Office...and another chance here in your blog : ) BTW-Victoria wins my loyalty after this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - now that's a company with coins to even TRY to corral those horses... way to win the customer war!

    ReplyDelete