Monday, January 12, 2009

Pack Up, It's Going to be a Long Journey

So, my fur-ball dog with his shitty butt has given me a visual of what my life looks like...I have not been content to let God clean up the mess. No, I have stayed out in the yard, sure that I could clean up my own mess, and smearing the poop all over my furry butt.

Now, let me tell you what happens next with my fur-ball dog. I go to the door and I see him out there scrunching his butt all over the yard. I feel sorry for the little guy because I know that no matter how long he stays out there and no matter how far he drags his butt across the yard, he is never going to get the poop out of his fur without my help. So, I open the door and call him to come inside. He looks at me, puts his head down, lowers his tail to try to cover the mess and then proceeds to run into the house as quickly as possible. He is hoping I will not see the mess. So I stop him on his way in and say, "Hey, come here, we have to clean your furry butt up." He walks toward me, head down, tail down, and he slowly makes his way to me. He has been working and working to get himself cleaned up, but the more he works, the messier it gets. Once he comes to me, I can, within minutes clean him up.

So, have I been out in the grass, working and working to clean up my mess and has God patiently been waiting for me to come to Him for help? Should I try to quickly run past the clean up process? Am I content to stay dirty, head down, tail down, trying to cover my shame?

Or...

Am I ready to come to God for a time of clean up? A time of trimming? Am I ready to admit that I've made a mess out of my life? Is the clean up time part of the journey? Or do I have to get cleaned up first and then begin the journey?

I think it might be part of the journey....therefore, I better pack a BIG bag...it's going to be a long one.

No comments:

Post a Comment