Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Meltdown to Joy?

Friday morning...minding my own business...working. I have to wash and return some dishes and plates to my friends and coworkers who have brought goodies to Phonathon. I run the dishes across campus, say "hi and thank you." Turn to leave and I hear, "Close the door." My friend asks me to sit for a minute and we discuss my shitty week. My friend is trying to convince me that I need to deal with all the crap in my life so that I can be healed and be healthy for my kids. I am trying to convince her that I can laugh my way through life - on the outside - and at the same time, I can be crying on the inside - and all will be well. The kids and I will laugh our way through life. She doesn't seem to believe me. I ramble on and on with tears talking about this current crap, somehow family crap comes up and I'm rambling on about a conversation between my sister (who is wading in divorce crap right now) and myself concerning my mom. I have no idea how I got to this discussion, but okay. At this point, my friend gets a, well, it's a funny look - no that's not how I would describe it....it's a gleam, a twinkle in her eye and a slight smirk on her lips and she says, "So your mom has crap in her life, but has laughed her way through." OOOOOOHHHHHHHH....I may be dense but I see what she's implying. Unless I wade through the crap to healing and health - my children will be having the same conversation about me some years later.

Grrrrrrrr.....

No comments:

Post a Comment