Friday, November 20, 2009

Can lead to blindness



So, last week I called my eye doctor for an appointment. I felt like I was going blind....my eye sight had suddenly declined drastically. I was nervous.

So today was the appointment. I tell the doctor that it seemed like I woke up one morning and could no longer see clearly.

He puts me through a battery of tests....measuring my eyes....reading this....measure some more....read this....which is clearer, 1 or 2.....3 or 4.....etc. After he has run every test imaginable, he sits back and says, "Mrs. Hogan, is there any chance that you could have switched your contacts, left contact in right eye and right contact in left eye?"

Hmmmm........an evening comes to mind....right around the same time that my blindness started.

"Yes doctor, that is a possibility," I confess.

I take my contacts out and switch eyes......I begin to sing...."I can see clearly now...."

Note to self....always take your contacts out and put your glasses on before festivities begin.

2 comments: