Sunday, November 15, 2009

Big love



So, this past week I lost a very dear member of my family. Cheyenne passed away.

Chey-Chey was my sister's dog. Chey did not start life with our family, but she found us! She was my sister's neighbor's dog. When Judy moved into Chey's neighborhood, Chey immediately knew she had found her kinfolk. Chey began coming for visits....and Judy would give her some love (which always included a treat). Chey then had a litter of puppies...and she would still come over for her daily visit, which now included bringing her puppies. Judy's love was big enough to include them as well.

Chey's puppies were sold off....and Chey still came. She started to stay longer...not really wanting to go home. Her owner always knew where to come to find Chey....finally, as it got harder and harder for him to convince Cheyenne to come home with him....he decided to give Chey to my sister. I am postive that was the happiest day of Cheyenne's life!

She really was a kindred spirit....she loved people....she loved food.....she loved life. She was the sweetest girl, and fit into our family perfectly. She had the gentlest spirit. My kids would sometimes accidentally step on her....Chey never growled. Then I got my little furball....he was a little yipping thing...but Chey never nipped at him...she loved everyone...her love, like my sister's love, was big enough to include all.

Chey....we will all miss you!

1 comment: