Monday, November 2, 2009

Dog gone it


So, this has been an interesting "dog" weekend.

First, last night I get a call from my son...they had just picked up our dog from the family who was watching Graham for us. David said, "Ummmm....mom, there's a problem with Graham." My heart stops....I am picturing him run over in the street....I say, "What's wrong with Graham?" David says, "Well...ummmm......he has worms." My heart begins to beat again...."He has worms?" David replies, "Yes, what does that mean? What will happen to him?" I chuckle and say, "I'll get him some medicine." Which is what I do...

So, this morning I get a call from my friend (I'll change her name to protect her identity), Bandace Krooks, in Florida....she tells me the story of running over a dog last night as she was driving home. She ran the dog over right in front of the owner. Then she tells me that when she got home, she took her 2 dogs out for a walk in the park. One of her dog finds a condom on the ground while they are walking through the park...and she eats it. Yes, her dog ate the condom. Well...Bandace Krooks calls her vet to see what to do and the vet says to watch the dog to make sure she passes the condom.

So, Bandace Krooks and I are comisserating about our dog problems....her watching her dog's poop for a condom....and me watching my dog's poop for worms. We are discussing how Graham could have got worms...she says, "He can get them if he eats another dog's poop." I tell her that my yard is the neighborhood toilet for ALL dogs, and that no one in my neighborhood carries a "poop bag" to pick up their dog's pile.

Then Bandace has a BRILLIANT idea....feed all the dogs in my neighborhood condoms and then when they poop in my yard...their poop will be encased in a condom...poop in a bag. Then the owner can just pick up the condom of poop and go on home.

1 comment: