Friday, March 20, 2009

Wasn't Me...

So, I go to work today...it's Friday, my favorite day of the week! I work through several projects this morning...it's lunch time! Yes!

Sidenote: today the kids of Jessamine County Kentucky did not have school. Why, you ask. Because it was a religious holiday here in Kentucky. What is this holiday...well, the official religion of the state of Kentucky is basketball...and our high school made it to the Sweet 16 tournament, so of course our kids didn't have school for religious reasons....basketball tournament.

Anyhow...I come home for lunch time and the kids have been home all morning...walk in the front door of my house and the smell of raw, stinky poop hits me in the face...I almost vomit...someone (katie) clogged the toilet last night and someone (becky) proceeded to poop in the toilet in the middle of the night.....no one plunges it because, "I didn't clog it," and, "I didn't poop in it after the clogging...." so mom is vomiting and unclogging the toilet....then I walk into the kitchen and the garbage is piled taller than me in our little 2.5 foot tall garbage can....garbage is spilling out onto the floor - close counts, right? and dishes are piled all over the counters...in the sink.....etc. I take out the garbage, load the dishwasher and...get in my car and drive...

Where did I drive to? Back to work? Yeah, right...nope....I drive out through the beautiful horse country of Kentucky...I had the roads to myself because all the crazy Kentuckians were in "church" for the religious holiday....I saw little thoroughbred colts kicking up their heels...I saw little black calves stumbling to find mommy...I saw lots of tulips and flowers...I cranked my music, opened my sunroof and blew the stink of the poopy toilet off of me....when I felt the stink lift....I drove back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment