Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Son Loves this

So when, as a mom, do you stop getting that, "Oh my gosh, where is my child" feeling when your child is a little late? You know that feeling, don't you?

This morning my son comes into church and sits down beside me...then he leans over and says, "Mom, I have to go to the bathroom." So, off he goes.

I am sitting in church...enjoying the worship...singing...singing...looking back to see where David is...singing...singing...singing....looking back to see where David is...singing....singing...singing...okay...it has been five minutes now since David left...he'll be coming back soon. We continue singing...greeting...offering...more singing...it has been ten minutes now since David left...so, I'm thinking that he must be lingering out in the narthex...slowly returning to miss more of church...we keep singing...we've prayed...now it is time for the Scripture reading...it's been 20 minutes since David left..this is when the feeling hits me.

What if some child molester just wandered into my church during the service and took my son...I've been sitting here for 20 minutes and David could be in a 1970's van with shag carpeting and down the highway by now...I begin to panic...I can't catch my breath...I want to vomit...I run out of the sanctuary and into the narthex. I don't see David. I grab an unknown man and ask him if he'll go into the men's bathroom and see if there is a David in there. He does...he comes out with a smile and says, "He'll be right out." I breath again.

David comes out with a funny look on his face..."Mommmmm.....why did you send that man into the bathroom, I was pooping?"

Ohhhhhhhhh......you know how much we all love company during that time!

So when will this feeling leave? Does it ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment