Friday, March 13, 2009

Message Received!

So, I'm at our prayer time at work today...we start every work day in prayer...it usually takes about 20 minutes to get the requests out there....share life a little....laugh a little....

Our sharing time ends and it is time to pray.

My co-worker begins to pray...he prays, and prays and then he gets near the end...starting to wrap it up and suddenly...a voice, loud and clear says, "Message received!"

I bust out laughing....why? Because even though it is only my cell phone saying that I have just received a text message from my daughter telling me she needs to stay after school for play practice...I am amazed at what perfect timing and what a perfect message it is to follow a prayer!

I wish that every one of my prayers would finish with that voice, loud and clear saying...MESSAGE RECEIVED!

Wouldn't that be something?

After the "Amen," (which means, "we all agree or let it be so," it is a word that is used to express assent), wouldn't it be GREAT to get a word back that confirms the assent! A confirmation of delivery! Of course I know that God hears my prayers, I know that in my head...but sometimes my heart tells me that my prayers are bouncing off the ceiling...

I think I might start ending all my prayers with, "Message received!"

No comments:

Post a Comment