Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Getting Older


So what does getting older mean?

For me it means this....I go to the dentist office. I sit my fat ass in the chair. The dental assistant, who looks about the same age as my daughter, welcomes me with a perky smile and proceeds to adjust the dental chair...the chair comes to an abrupt stop...the perky dental assistant comes out from behind the chair and goes over to the wall...she removes a large cover from the wall and starts to play with some wires back there...I say, "What's going on?"

She then says this, "The chair blew a fuse."

Seriously, my fat ass and the lifting thereof, blew a fuse in a dental chair? Are you kidding me?

So, the perky 17 year old dental assistant fixes the dang fuse and the chair is able to move my fat ass into the proper position...so, I am laying there, getting my teeth cleaned. The perky 17 year old dental assistant then says this, "How often do you floss?"

I say, "Twice a day, I'm pretty anal about my teeth."

She says, "Hmmmmmmm....."

I say, "What does hmmmmmm mean?"

She says, "Well, I'm sure you've notice your receding gum line....maybe you need to lighten up on the flossing and brushing....a person your age should be really gentle."

Is she serious?

When did I become 'a person my age?'

So, my fat ass blew a fuse in the chair and my gums are receding....and it's all because I'm a 'person my age?'

I hate this getting older stuff......

No comments:

Post a Comment