Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Put Down the Phone

So, my oldest, Katie, is about to take a giant step that will set the trajectory of her life...big stuff. I'm worried sick and have been praying that the Lord would lead her to the right college where she will find the right friends and possibly her soulmate and she will get the right degree which will lead her to the right job....not much!


So this morning I am at work and Katie runs through my mind...so I begin to pray for her, specifically for this next step. It dawns on me that we haven't heard from Geneva yet...so I pull up the Geneva website and get the phone number to call...at this point I clearly hear, "Put down the phone. Katie will find out she has been accept to Geneva today...with free tuition."


I think, "Yeah, right...I need to see what is the hold up and where we are in the application process."


I hear again, "Let Katie get the information. She will get it today."


So, I put down the phone and go back to work.


It's 4:10pm, the phone rings...it's Katie.....she is almost screaming into the phone...


"Mom, I got a letter from Geneva, I've been accepted."


I am amazed! She is so excited....she got the tuition exchange!


Thank you Lord! Thank you for stopping me and allowing my daughter Katie to get that message! It is the first step to adulthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment