Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I am illustrated

So, this past weekend I had urgent need to rent a truck....a moving truck. The last time that I was in a moving truck was almost 2 years ago. It was a 24 foot Penske truck. A friend (and co-worker) and I were doing a road trip for work....heading to Florida.

It was a very long drive....we were taking turns at the wheel. It was my friend's turn to drive. We stopped for a break and I turned to start down the 2 steps from the cab of this very large truck and my foot got caught and out I fell....backward.....my head crashing on the cement road beneath me.

Anyhow, that was 2 years ago....but I am still a little apprehensive to get back into a moving truck. My fears were quickly turned to laughter as I noticed a very large sticker on the dashboard.

It said, "WARNING: Can cause serious injury / death." And the picture was this:


I began to laugh...I'm an illustration....I'm a stick-figure....if only they would have had this sticker in that truck 2 years ago...maybe I would have heeded the warning and not thrown myself out backward.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad we can laugh about it finally. It was not funny at the time!

    ReplyDelete