Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Refined mice



So, my Becky had to pull an all-nighter this week to prepare for a test. The next morning she loudly proclaims...."Mom, we have a mouse in the house. Please get rid of it!" as she parades around the house in shoes because she is afraid of the mouse.

Now can I just say this, I am not a cat fan....I prefer a dog....but in this instance....I picture my dog laying around the house all day while these mice have a party in my house and I wonder why I don't have a cat....it's a fleeting moment.

Anyhow, that night I ran to Lowe's for some mouse traps....I buy old-faithfuls, the wooden ones that kill the mice.

That night I loaded four of them with cheese...as I loaded them my Becky comes into see what I am doing. I show her...she then says, "Do these things kill the mouse?" I say, "Yes....as a matter of fact, these babies are so tight that I think they will decapitate the mice."

Becky then says, "Mommmmmm.....you can't kill the mouse!"

My David, who is 13 and all boy, says, "Ohhhh cool."

I tell him that it is his job to check the traps in the morning and get rid of the dead bodies.

Next morning....I wake David up and he goes to check the traps...."Nothing."

Becky sighs with relief.

Last night I load the traps with peanut butter....."We'll have mices in the morning."

This morning....no mices.....David is disgusted and Becky sighs with relief..."You know mom....we could just let the mice live in here."

So, tonight.....well.....I think I will put cheese and crackers and maybe a little wine out for them....or maybe my cheese is too strong.

4 comments:

  1. Make it a Merlot...and they will come : ) LOVE ROCKY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! But here's the thing. If your trap didn't go off at all... you don't have a mice. They will take your food. And blow the trap, even if don't get caught. I had a vole on my back porch a few days ago. And a skunk. So it is winter. They need to be warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, maybe Becky was staying up way to late and was hallucinating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that video is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete