Thursday, March 4, 2010

The forgotten song

So, it's been a very LONG, cold, hard winter here in Kentucky. I mean long and cold....no sunshine...no warmth....just cold and gray. BUT today.....today, I saw the sunshine.....and I heard birds sing.....and I smelled dirt.

That made me want to sit on my porch....so I sat on my front porch.....closed my eyes and listened to the birds sing. Before today, I was convinced that even the birds were depressed over the long winter....it seemed that they had forgotten their song. But today....today they sang their songs loudly and I sat on the porch and listened to them.

I had forgotten how wonderful dirt smells....the earth....but today, I smelled the earth and it restored my hope.

I had forgotten how warm the sunshine is....how it can seep into the very depths of my being....but today....I let it seep into my soul.

Yes, I sat on my porch and took the sounds and smells and warmth of the day in.....it was a very good day.....and I know that I can make it to spring now....I will keep humming the song of the birds until they can sing me awake every morning this spring.

1 comment:

  1. So the glowing round orb in the sky that is warming us is called the sun??

    ReplyDelete