Friday, February 12, 2010

Wibble wobble wibble wobble to and fro

So, I am a crazy mom....I mean the kind of mom that freaks out when I loose track of any of my children. I remember one such time when I took my kids to Disney World.

My David was 3 years old and my Becky was 6 and my Katie was 8. We went with a friend of mine and her three children. We were trying to keep track of 6 kids, so we would strategically place one adult in the front of the six kids and the other at the end of the line. Our system was working well....until the "Lion King."

We were leaving the "Lion King" show....there was a large crowd of people filing out of the auditorium. We decided that we should stop and check the map to see where we would go next. So, we filed out and found a little nook that we could step out from the crowd and check the map. Front adult stepped to the left.....kids followed....I was bringing up the rear and stepped to the left....I then began my count of the kids....1, 2, 3, 4, 5........5.......where was my David?

My heart stopped.....no David. Where was he? I ran to find a Disney World employee while the others began a search of the area. My heart stopped....my mind going in all kinds of directions...what if someone stole my son....what if that was the last time that I saw my son....what if I never hugged him again....I wanted to vomit.

Twenty minutes later they radioed to me that they had found David. He was only a few hundred yards from the Lion King show. While we had filed out of the show...and stepped out of the line....he had just continued to follow an adult butt....not realizing it was not his mommy's butt that he was following.

My advice to young parents......make a big mark on your butt, something that is unique so that your little ones follow the right butt.

1 comment:

  1. I want to know if the mother duck got her ducklings back?!!!

    ReplyDelete