Friday, February 5, 2010

I am here


So, last night I went to the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts in Louisville to watch my son perform in the All State Junior Chorus. There was a full house, which meant there were over 2,000 people in the audience.

My son walked out onto the stage. I was so proud....there was my little boy, all grown up....on stage in Louisville.

The KMEA staff went through the introductions and formalities. As they were going through them....there was my son, hand up on his forehead trying to block out the spotlights so he could find me in the audience. It did not matter to him that his cool best friend was not looking for his mom....my David was going to find me. He was scanning the audience, back and forth. Problem was that I was in the very back row. I stood up and lit up my cell phone and began to wave my arms back and forth with cell phone light glowing. David continue to scan the audience....hand blocking out the spotlights.....scanning.....scanning.....and then he saw me. He smiled and his face glowed....he was contented.....and he could sing now.

I wondered....is God scanning the crowd for me.....and when He sees me, does His face light up?

2 comments:

  1. Awww-David is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. or r u scaning for him, wondering where he is, when really he is there the whole time making a fool outta himself so u see him

    ReplyDelete