Monday, October 12, 2009

Where my intuition leads me....

So, I happen to work in a religious institution....

Here is something that I have noticed...woman's rights do not seem to be predominant here. As a matter of fact, I would almost bet that my salary, as a woman director, is considerably less than my male counterpart.

I have also noticed that I am asked by the paramount male leadership (I think that might be redundant) to provide my "woman's intuition." Can I just tell you how offensive that is to me???

The definition of "intuition" is "the power or faculty of attaining to direct knowledge without evident rational thought and inference." WHAT THE HECK???

The antonym for "intuition" is "knowledge," "reason," or "reasoning."

Seriously?

This is what the male leadership thinks that I have to offer....only intuition. I can not have any cognitive thought.

Okay...I "feel" like I might have a solution...I am going to go and buy myself a set of bumper nuts. You have surely seen these things hanging off the back of a redneck pickup truck. Well, I figure that if I buy a pair of those and hang them from my belt on my slacks...then maybe, oh maybe, I will be able to have a cognitive thought, as I feel that this must be where men do their cognitive thinking.....and then I can maybe get some respect around here.

And....I'm going to make my set brass!


4 comments:

  1. I say order a dozen. There are at least that many of us who could use a set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I want a pair too. Who would have thought the solution could be so dang simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a titanium pair engraved with my initials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say let's hang them from the back of our chairs at work!!!! thank you for your post. you are right on.

    ReplyDelete