Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bang Bang Club


So, today I spent the afternoon with my son. He had a soccer game in Louisville.

We had a beautiful ride over together. It was a beautiful autumn day...sun was shining, air was brisk, and the leaves were beginning to turn. I watched him play an excellent game. Then he and I went to the Cheesecake Factory....our favorite place to eat. He got what he always orders...the Club. He always lets me have a bite of his Club and I always tell him that it is so good, that the next time we go....I will order the Club. I say this EVERY time we go. So, today, he looks at me and says, "Okay mom, are you going to get the Club?" I say, "Yes, today is the day."

The waiter comes to the table and takes our order, two Clubs. The minute he walks away from the table, I begin to dream of Bang Bang Chicken....what I always order. I tell David, "I'm wondering if I should have ordered Bang Bang." David begins to laugh and says, "Mom, you finally ordered the Club. Don't think about the Bang Bang."

At this moment, our waiter walks past the table and I grab him and say, "Is it too late to change my order to Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp?" He says, "I'll try."

David looks at me and begins to laugh...."I thought you were going to order the Club this time...but no...you had to get Bang Bang."

I explain to David that I actually HAD ordered the Club, so I had followed through on that....I just happen to be GETTING the Bang Bang.....oh well....maybe someday.

1 comment:

  1. This is great. You are so A.DD.. You have to get bang bang. You are programmed. It's OK. Breath!!!

    ReplyDelete