Monday, April 19, 2010

Today's your birthday


So, today is my Katie's 19th birthday....she is 19 on the 19th.

Last year I had her with me on her birthday....last year was her 18th....and we had a cake for her and we gave her presents....

This year she is away at college....we didn't have cake....we had to mail her a card....no presents....

I know this is all part of growing up....and them growing independent and moving on....but, well, sometimes it hurts....19 years ago today....I saw her face to face and held her and began a love that has only grown stronger through the years....and today.....I can not see her face (because she won't be my friend on facebook) and I can not hold her.....but....I still love her....and it continues to grow.

Happy birthday my katie! I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Katie Hogan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't want to become my mother's friend on Facebook, and I was 28. Don't take it personally (which I'm sure is very difficult). It's all about gaining autonomy. (Eventually I did add my mother, but I put some privacy restrictions on her--like, no status.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you know, a birthday blog about katie too!?

    ReplyDelete