Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Strap me in

So, last night when I came home from work, Becky says, "Mom, I have to be at school tomorrow at 6:15am for the play." Wow...fun times, but this is our life right now.

Well, I sit down on the couch and Becky lays down on me and falls asleep....she has a crazy schedule right now with school and homework and play. While I'm sitting there David calls from his away soccer game and tells me the game is over and asks me to come and get him so he doesn't have to wait for the girl's game to end and then ride the bus home. I slip out from under Becky and leave her sleeping and go get David.

At 8:15pm, David and I get home from the soccer game and open the door and Becky comes running into the kitchen yelling at me...."Mom, oh my gosh....why did you let me sleep so late? I was supposed to be at school at 6:15!!!! Oh, Brink is going to kill me....oh she's going to kill me." I respond, "Beck, I'm sorry. I thought you said you had to be at school at 6:15 tomorrow!" She screams, "Oh my gosh, NO....it was today! She's going to be so mad." Then she runs upstairs.

David and I are left standing in the kitchen. David looks at me and says, "Where did she go?"

"I have no idea," I reply. We stand there for a minute and we hear the shower turn on upstairs.

David looks at me and says, "Is she taking a shower?"

"I guess so," I reply.

We stand there for a few minutes and then decide to sit down in the living room. David looks at me and says, "This is weird. Why would she shower if she was so late? She didn't look dirty to me."

I shrug my shoulders. David says, "Why don't you go up and ask her what she's doing."

I look at him and say, "No way...she already took my head off once. I'm not asking her...you go do it."

"NO WAY," he responds.

So, we wait....the shower turns off and she comes running down the stairs....hair dripping wet, and she is dressing as she comes down. She runs into the living room and says, "Are we going to get going?"

I jump up and tell her that I was just waiting for her. She then says, "Isn't David going to school today?"

"What? Why would David have to come with us?" I ask.

"Well, are you going to let him skip school today?" Becky asks.

I then understand what is going on....Becky woke up from her nap and thought she had slept through the night....she thought it was 8:15 am....but it was 8:15pm. When I told her that....as she was standing there with hair dripping....well, we all burst out laughing.

Oh....the joys of a teenage girls emotional roller coaster when sleep deprived!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed so hard at this. And I'm enjoying your salsa right now. You write well. I linked you from my blog. hehe.

    ReplyDelete