Sunday, April 25, 2010

A national opinion poll

So, tonight I am washing dishes and the home phone rings. (Now let me just take a side bar here....nobody calls my home phone, well, nobody who really knows me....all of my friends have my cell phone number.) Anyhow, the home phone rings and David answers it. He listens for a moment and then says, "Mom, I think it is for you."

Argh.....now I know this is not a call that I want to take.

I answer, "Hello, this is Tammy."

At this point, a woman says, "We are the ___ ____ association and we are taking a poll of national opinion."

She then asks, "Is there a registered male voter in the household that I could speak to?"

Well, I have to tell you....SHE HAS MY ATTENTION NOW.

I say, "No, there is not a male registered voter in this household."

She then has the audacity to say, "Oh, okay, well then I will ask for your opinions."

Welllllllll.............this did not sit well with me.......

I say, "I am sorry. Based upon your first question, you have forfeited the right to know my opinion now. If you want the opinion of any respectable woman, I would change that first question."

And I hung up.

3 comments: