Saturday, January 9, 2010

God and UK basketball


So, my word for 2009 was "JOY." As you know, it was not one of my easier years, but alas, a year later and I do have a joy that is not my own, but resonates from deep within my soul.

This is now 2010 and I began praying for my word for this coming year. I immediately heard my word and I immediately acknowledged and claimed it....that was another thing that I learned last year, don't fight your word.

So my word for 2010 is "TRUST." This word has so many facets involved with it. I know that this will be an interesting journey for me.

So, I decide to strap myself in and enjoy the ride!

I must tell you.....this year has started with a bang again. I had an incident happen that has taken my breath away....it is an answer to a seemingly small prayer.....but it goes to the depth of the meaning of my word.

On Tuesday, January 5th, I prayed a mom's prayer. My David is a huge UK Wildcat basketball fan. He loves this team and he especially loves to watch John Wall (the new freshman) play. So David and I watched last weeks basketball game and when it was over, David asked me if we could go see them play in person. Well, here in Kentucky, basketball is a religion! And when we have a winning season (like this year), you can not get any ticket for a reasonable price. So, I stammered around and told him that I did not think we would be able to go....my heart was aching as I said it.

That night as I prayed, I asked my loving heavenly Father to please let my David get to see the Wildcats play this season. I know, I know.....in the grand scheme of the world, this is a silly request, but to a single mom....it's not.

So, I decided that I would write my prayer in my journal...part of trust.

This morning I was at work and my cell phone rang, it was my David. He said, "Mom, Houston's dad has an extra ticket to today's UK basketball game. They want to know if I can go with them." I wept as I answered, "Yes."

1 comment:

  1. God cares about little boys and their dreams and wishes! He cares about single moms and seeming impossibilities! I still don't think He cares much about UK basketball (but you won't see me signing this post here in Wildcat land)!!!

    ReplyDelete