Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Flying bonies

So, my parents are coming to my house tomorrow....for Katie's graduation. Needless to say, I am trying to clean the house before they get here.

Here's the thing...you would think that to clean one small house would be simple now. Why? Because I have two teenage girls and a pre-teen boy. So, you would think that between the four of us, boom....the house could be clean. Well, you would think that but you would be so wrong. It is actually exactly the opposite from that.

I get one room cleaned and then leave that room and then they enter that room and destroy it....like the kitchen.....clean when I go to bed and then my 18 year old gets up in the middle of the night and decides to make bread and cookies, so I walk down the stairs to MESS in my kitchen. This has been going on all week....me cleaning a room....them destroying a room. Even my dog joins their forces, I pick up all of his toys and bones and put them in a basket in the living room and then he goes to the basket and takes every toy and bone out and throws them across the room.

So, last night....I had decided not to clean the kitchen up before going to bed. Instead I say to my 18 year old..."clean the kitchen." I fumbled down the stairs this morning and to my astonishment.....a cleaner kitchen (notice I didn't say CLEAN - but I am overjoyed none-the-less).

Hmmmmmm......maybe she is growing up!

1 comment:

  1. Dear girl - haven't you heard of the Cat in the Hat? That my dear is what it is like to have three teenagers in the house. It is hopeless. Just put up with it and when they move out - burn it down!

    ReplyDelete