Friday, April 17, 2009

A Day

So, have you ever just had a day...I mean a day. You know, the kind where nothing goes right. Well, I had one today. I think the best way to give you a picture of my day would be to share one small incident from it....then you can extrapolate what the rest of the day must have looked like from that.

So, I'm at work...yes....I am fundraising....and I am fundraising in an economic recession borderline depression....how fun is my day?

Well, I have to go to the bathroom....so I wander down the hall to the old, dark fourth floor ladies room. I put down the safe layer of toilet paper on the seat and I sit down. Ahhhhhhhhh......

Suddenly, I see a wasp come flying down from the ceiling aimed right for me....he buzzes me and I have NO idea where he has gone....but I must admit...I am totally exposed and therefore, very nervous. So I grab my shirt with my right hand to pull it up so I can see where the little bugger has gone...and alas, I find him. I had put my hand right on him. He had landed on my shirt. So, the little bugger stings my right hand and I yelp. Then I throw him down and step on him. Now my right hand (I just so happen to be right handed) is stinging like crazy and it is beginning to swell. I am done with my business....but my right hand is out of commission as far as wiping up...so I swear and try to do it with my left hand. Not fun!

I finish up and decide to leave the dead carcass there on the floor as a warning to all his family...do NOT mess with me in the bathroom stall.

What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment