Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All My Heart

So, I am standing in the kitchen last night cooking some late night pancakes for my kids. They begged me to cook them some because according to them, "We have NO food in our house."

Can I complain for one quick moment? They love pancakes....but NOT mine....they LOVE my dad's. They call them Papa's Pancakes....so whenever they get in the mood for pancakes they beg me and beg me and beg me to make them...and then when I do they spend the rest of the night complaining how I make gross pancakes that taste nothing like papa's. I love it. So, what do I do to my pancakes to make them "gross," well....sin of all sins....I make LIGHT AND FLUFFY pancakes. My kids hate them....my dad, papa, fries his pancakes in an inch of oil and therefore they are HEAVY and crunchy. Who knew pancakes were supposed to be oil laden.

So, I was in the kitchen trying to oil soak my pancakes and in walks Becky. David is right behind her...seeing if the pancakes are light and fluffy. Becky says, "Mom do you love me?" I say, "Yes Becky. You know that I do." She then says, "Mom, do you love me with ALL of your heart?" I, while flipping a pancake, say, "Yes Becky. You know that I do." She then turns to David and says proudly, "David, did you hear that? Mom loves me with ALL her heart, which means there is no room in her heart for you. Sorry!"

She's rotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment