Thursday, June 17, 2010

Scary Jesus


So, have you ever driven up I-75 between Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio? If so, you have seen the "Scary Jesus" statue....that's what we call it. It is also known as "Touchdown Jesus." It is a statue, around 6 stories tall, of Jesus coming up out of the ground, arms stretch up to the sky. It sits right behind a pond. It's scary....it almost caused me to wreck the first time I saw it...scared me half to death...and I couldn't stop rubber-necking at it. Let me show you a picture....it's much scarier in person....imagine 6 stories tall. It sits right in front of a church....the "Scary Jesus Church," as we call it.

Anyhow, this week.....it got struck by lighting and burnt to the ground. Now tell me this....who builds a half million dollar statue out of plastic foam and fiberglass??? Seriously. So, now all that remains is the steel frame.....and I thought it was disturbing before.

1 comment: