Sunday, May 9, 2010

A dirty window


So, tonight I will give you a quick glimpse through the window to my soul....and it has to do with being a mother....and my Becky.

It is 12:30am....my Becky walked out the door tonight at 6:00pm....with a boy.....my Becky was in a little, sexy, sequence teal gown....cut down to there and up to here....they were on their way to prom. As I kissed my daughter good-bye and let her walk away with this young man...I felt extremely sad.

That was at 6:00pm....it's now 12:30am....I am no longer sad.....I have ventured into mad.

Let me ask this question, why is it, that when the last words that you told your daughter was, "Call me or text me and let me know what the plans are for the evening....no curfew, just keep me informed." Well, why is it that in 6 and a half hours there has been no correspondence? This was not a difficult or unreasonable request....was it?

Anyhow, right now....I am fighting the urge to stop incessantly hitting re-dial....and go get in my car.....with my oversized sleeping shirt, no bra....so boobs hanging down to my knees.....scooby-doo boxer shorts, and big old terry-cloth robe and drive out to prom and find my Becky....

There you have it...a glimpse in my window......it is about as pretty as the outfit that I have on.

1 comment: