Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's time to flush


So, one of my co-workers got a Betta fish a few weeks ago. She put in it a small vase with a few rocks in the bottom. Every day, this fish sat there in the vase, same position, hardly moving....same thing day in and day out. Then my co-worker went away for a couple of days and asked us to keep an eye on him. The next day....there he was at the top of the vase. We all thought it was time to flush him....we approached the vase and he moved. Then it was back to the same old position, hardly moving.....

My co-worker came back to work with a big aquarium, and plants to put in it, and toys and rocks....she filled it up with water and put the fish in it. I wish you could see him now....he is always swimming about, his little fins always fluttering.....you just never know where he will be. I would swear he is smiling at us.

Anyhow....it got me thinking.....have I let my "environment" become a little vase with a couple rocks on the bottom? You know, nothing new...very small.....nothing to explore....nothing to learn.....just sitting there in the same position day in and day out. I honestly think the fish was suicidal in that vase....I think he was faking his death and hoping someone would flush him.....at least it would be a change of scenery.

So, do I just need to get flushed?

1 comment:

  1. You don't need flushed! You swim swim swim no matter where you are. Most people I know are envious of you.

    ReplyDelete